Stable, by Filippo Juvarra, 1678-1736, with stag sculpture, emblem of Stupinigi, 1766, by Francesco Ladatte, originally atop the central dome, in the Palazzina di caccia di Stupinigi, a hunting residence, rebuilt and designed early 18th century by Filippo Juvarra for Vittorio Amedeo II of Savoy, in Stupinigi, Nichelino, Piedmont, Italy. The stable is now a Portrait Gallery, housing 12 wooden medallions with portraits of Savoy ancestors, commissioned by Vittorio Amedeo II. The palace is part of the House of Savoy UNESCO World Heritage Site. Picture by Manuel Cohen
Add to Lightbox Download